- Provide a broad range of administrative functions supporting VIT internships and undergraduate and postgraduate student placements, largely in IT industries.
- Source appropriate placement providers for IT and similar professional roles within corporate Australia and relevant external stakeholders.
- Liaise with placement providers to facilitate placement allocation and manage student placements on a day to day basis.
- Monitor and ensure completion of placement agreements with corporate Australia and relevant external stakeholders.
- Ensure effective communication/feedback with stakeholders regarding placements.
- Assist with the coordination of projects in relation to the improvement of the placement process.
- Efficient use of software packages to produce documentation in a timely manner.
- Coordinate the administration of placement opportunities, and work to increase the student experience across VIT.
- Ensure accurate and efficient records management.
- Exercise judgement and initiative in case management and resolution of issues.
- Provide advice and support to students in relation to general placement enquiries.
- Ensure the application of the placement system in an expert manner for placement optimisation.
Desirable Skills :
- Significant experience in organising internships for higher education students.
- The ability to prioritise and work efficiently and accurately in times of high pressure.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a supportive team environment.
Note: Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Right to live and work :
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job
The application form will include these questions :
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you have a current Australian driver’s licence?